Total Pageviews

Monday, January 14, 2013

I'm no good at following guidelines...

Alright. I'm gonna admit it: I SUCK AT FOLLOWING GUIDELINES!!

I tried to stick with a 10 week workout plan, & I succeeded for a few days, but then life got in the way. I don't think I was meant to follow guidelines. I'm not that strict of a person! It's hard when you have a boyfriend that is naturally skinny. Chase can stop drinking beer, replace it with whiskey & lose 10 lbs. Me? I barely drink at all, so I have nothing to stop or replace whenever we go out! I ask for water with some lemon...DD all night baby!

My weakness? All things sugar-related. I've said many times that I would rather eat than drink my calories. Chase & I are both noticing a change in our bodies as we get older. He doesn't like working out (which is fine with me) & I don't like depriving myself (not so fine). We both like to eat like we're 5 years old...but we both enjoy healthy salads, and healthy breakfast foods.

In a brief discussion this morning, we decided to plan what we're going to eat for lunch and dinner while driving to work in the mornings. (He's able to come home for lunch everyday.) We bought some whole grain wraps at Trader Joe's this weekend and have discussed eating those for lunch the next few days with some grilled chicken & veggies. Dinners will consist of homemade turkey bacon & spinach quiche's as well as Chase's fantastic homemade chili.

I will say this so it's public, but there's no 100% guarantee. I'm trying for the ever so slight lifestyle change so it's good for both of us & not something I'm trying to do alone while he sits in the corner sulking that I'm not able to eat what he's eating. I've done the whole, "don't ask me what's for dinner because I'm doing a cleanse this week" and it's taken its toll. I need to stop my "quick fix" thinking, and focus on slight lifestyle changes...that being said, I'm on my 2nd cup of detox tea! I can't get enough! It tastes surprisingly good!

Detox Tea:
8 oz hot water
1/2 lemon squeezed
2-3 shakes cinnamon & cayenne pepper
1 cap full of apple cider vinegar

This tea is said to help suppress hunger and regulate blood sugar levels. Thanks, Pinterest ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment