Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A new kind of resolution: 2013 style

It wouldn't be a New Year without a Resolution or FIVE! 2012 was a year of welcomed changes in the CB household. Chase got a new job, I got some new dance/teaching gigs, and Apollo got a lot of new stuff that made both Chase & I's lives easier/more fun! I've decided that my resolution this year will not be health-based like everyone else's seem to be. (Though I do work in the health/fitness industry.)

My resolution(s) for 2013 are personal & professionally based:
*Teach/take more classes & get certified to teach a different type of class other than dance-fitness based
*Recruit more people outside of the gym/studio to take my classes
*Walk Apollo 5 days per week, & play with him at home (more often than telling him to go lie down on the couch!)
*Go on a real DATE with Chase (outside of our apartment) at least once a week.
*Find a hobby other than sitting at home &/or blogging!!

Not to get down on everyone who makes health/weight loss resolutions, but 9 times out of ten- they don't stick!! If I were to make a health based resolution this year, it would be to try different types of exercise classes I wouldn't normally go to. Such as, CYCLING or a YOGA class. I've never in my life taken a Cycling class, but I LOVE riding the stationary bikes at the gym!

I'm not making it a part of my resolution, but I will say a BIG goal for 2013 is to become a Certified Personal Trainer :-D The only thing that's been holding me back is saving enough money to be able to afford both the materials and the test fees. I feel Personal Training is something that I would be good at with all my other licenses and background training with Massage Therapy, Dancing, & Group Fitness.




No comments:

Post a Comment