Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Blog-slacker...sorry. Here's the update:

Wow...my last blog was February 5th!! I'm slacking...I apologize.


First things first: I had a mock-audition this past Sunday with the group I have been rehearsing with for Seattle Sea Gal auditions this coming April (eeeeek!!!). It went really well, the judges were as follows: Miss Q's husband, his friend, a photographer friend, and 2 former Sea Gals (one of whom said I reminded her of herself, which is what Miss Q mentioned earlier as well.) 
We were put into groups of 2 & 3 (because of the odd number of girls) and performed for the judges at the Kirkland Dance Center. We were being judged on technique, stage/field appearance, attitude, and overall like-ability/is-she-fun-to-watch-ness.
I only messed up ONCE & when Chase watched the YouTube link, he couldn't even tell what I did/didn't do to cause me to mess up and told me not to worry about it. I'll be sharing the link with you at the end as well as start times for when I'm actually on-screen in case you don't want to watch the whole thing!
I felt good all-in-all about my performance. I remembered to smile, I hit all of my turns and my kicks, and only forgot one part :)
Since each judge gave feedback for us, Miss Q said she would talk to us individually-that way we could discuss how we could improve. She did (however) send us all a text with the comments across the board so we didn't have to wait for our individual meeting with her. 
Mine said:
GOOD ENERGY
NICE TECHNIQUE
NEEDS MORE SMILING & LESS ATTITUDE
GREAT KICKS.


I THOUGHT I SMILED A LOT!!! Apparently when you grow up doing mainly hip hop or angry style competitive dancing, when you think you're smiling enough, YOU'RE NOT!! grrrrrrrrrrr.........


Here's the link to watch my mock-audition performance. I can be seen in 1st Mock Audition at 00:30, 03:00, 06:32. Mock Audition Part 2 at 01:21 & 04:00 :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Flawlesstan?feature=guide

I also met with a Fitness Model/Personal Trainer/Nutrition Coach this week to talk about my goals and how to improve my eating habits. (I've fallen off of my food-for-fuel kick a bit!) She said based on my activity level, I need to increase my calorie intake (with healthy foods) as well as my hydration. I have 122 lbs of lean muscle mass, which is apparently a very good thing. My body fat percentage is on the higher side of the "Athletic" category, so I'm hoping to get it down a few %'s before auditions. My daily calorie intake should be 1800-2000 calories per day to to lose weight because I'm so active. My body has put itself into a constant starvation-mode because I burn over 1500 calories if I were to just sit around all day...WHICH I DO NOT! So, in eating less than 1500 calories, my body has been storing everything it gets instead of using it as fuel. Kinda the opposite of what I'm going for! She advised me to try to eat 5-6 small meals per day to get to my calorie goal of 1800-2000/day. I'm only on Day 2, but I've done just that and I'm feeling good :) 
I'm using MyFitnessPal to track everything as well as my heart rate monitor that Chase got me for Valentine's Day (thanks honey!). I found out I don't burn very many calories teaching certain classes, meaning I need to focus on working out outside of teaching too. My resting heart rate is between 54-55 bpm, & because I'm so active, getting my heart rate up is a bit of a challenge. During the mock-audition process, my heart rate stayed around 122-140 bpm, & only got up to 169 bpm after the kick-line routine while everyone else's was up around 190 bpm. Maybe it's because I wasn't nervous...maybe it's because my body is used to being active, maybe it's because I'm a freak of nature. Who knows?

2 comments:

  1. Ok, Christine, I am not a professional judge or anything, but you were the absolute BEST dancer and I watched both of the mock auditions. WOW! You have amazing talent...and you stood out from all the others with your height and beautiful smile...not to mention your dance moves and kicks. Impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Karin :) it doesn't matter that you're not a professional judge, your observations and compliments make me very happy and motivate me to do even better :) A good friend of mine (who is the type of person who will tell it like it is) watched it & told me I looked even better than last year already ! Practicing is DEFINITELY helping me this year.

      Delete