Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

WEEK 1: NFL Cheerleader audition training

I am so blessed to have started rehearsing with such great women that all have common goals! 

*Get Fit
*Eat healthy, nutritious food for fuel (not entertainment)
*Dance daily

...AAAAAANNNNNNDDDDDDD...

*Make the 2012-2013 Seattle Sea Gals team!

My first meeting was this past Saturday with a former Sea Gal (we'll call her "Miss Q") to talk about my look and play around with makeup. She wanted to highlight my green eyes, so she used purple/plum shadows on my eyes. She also used an airbrush system for my foundation. SUCH a cool experience to have your makeup airbrushed on! She also used false lashes to help accentuate my eyes...I've been wearing those for dance competitions since I was 10 years old!


For my first practice, I met with Miss Q and the other girls at the Kirkland Dance Center on Sunday at 11:00am and we worked on a kick-line routine, reminding me of how exhausting kicking is!! Feedback from the other girls was that my kicks were really strong. This came as sort of a surprise to me seeing as how I haven't "high-kicked" in a routine since last year's auditions. I was only able to stay for half of the rehearsal time since I had to instruct a Barre Fitness class at 12:00pm. 

For Monday's rehearsal, we worked on the kick-line routine as well as across-the-floor routines including turns, kicks, and looking sexy-sassy ;) We also did a routine to "Drop It Low" by Kat DeLuna which was more in my comfort zone :)
 I'm meeting with Miss Q next week to come up with a fitness/nutrition plan for me as well as getting my first personalized spray-tan of the season! 

It's really difficult to get out of a normal, comfort-zone routine, but I'm looking forward to the challenge!!






No comments:

Post a Comment